- Respect other people and support the smooth running of the group.
- Don’t read aloud work with sex or extreme violence. Most swear words
are fine but minimal use of f*** and never c***.
- Avoid discussing politics and religion
- Always focus discussion on writing, save general chat for the break.
- Keep comments short and to the point.
- Individual writing and reading time is always silent (pen and paper are
preferred to laptops).
- Try to take part in every activity. (There is no obligation to read
out and feel free to deviate from the task if you feel inspired.)
- Make sure to let me know whether or not you plan to attend each
week. This helps me prepare sufficient resources and refreshments.
- Give honest and constructive feedback. Keep to the feedback guidelines given, eg. only give criticism on a piece when asked. (When asked for what’s known as ‘amber’ or ‘red’ level comments).
- Contribute to happy, positive and productive group.
Free the writer within.